re:EN -reply to Angie

Teresa Van Hove tvanhove@uswest.net
Angie - I FLAT DISAGREE

When I joined AERC in 96 I read every EN and they all
had 2 to 4 good articles about stuff like feeding,
veteterinary issues, riding strategy, and trails .
I'm more interested in that kind of information than a
glossy photo spread of the "BIG" rides with money or
that Doyle went to.  Now I know a lot of other people
are into the photos and no one wanted to drop ride
results but I think its a mistake to drop real content
articles for that stuff - raise the family member fees
enough to cover the printing of the extra pages for ride
 results and keep producing a magazine with a reasonable
 amount of readable content; but dont pretend that more
than a handful of non-members would pay $4.00 per issue
for ride results and BOD letters (which I dont want to
see dropped - it is an important communication to the
membership) and just one "meat and potatoes" article
even with a few color pictures of a ride; and dont just
say "TB has substantial articles,subscribe to it"- I did
 do that - I still  want the EN to either be a real
magazine or for AERC to stop pretending it is and charge
 the membership evenly for the membership perks (ride
placings, point standings, and BOD updates) instead of
saying that I (single member) am getting a $40 magazine
and since families don't get extra copies the additional
 members don't need to be contributing to the cost.

Teresa
M17417

> Once more, I caution everybody, don't be so quick to complain.  LOOK at
> your last EN.  Are you being charged more for it now that it's in color?
> (That's when TB had to go bi-monthly) Compare it to one from 3 years ago
> (if you bothered to keep them)...which one looks better, reads better?
> Now, why are you so upset?  Yes, saving our trails is important, but EN
> isn't the only place to hear what's going on with trails, but it is one
> of the only places to find out what's going on in endurance.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-