Accidents can happen

Just a quick note to all and to let you know Arlene Morris, my wife and long
time endurance rider suffered an accident yesterday afternoon. We were
riding very calm horses on the way back home. On what in this part of the
country is called a primitive road. These are horses very used to mountain
bikes, seen and passed by hundreds of them. Well, a mt. bike came upon us
from the rear at high speed, while we were in a narrow canyon section, and
the horses spooked. Arlene's horse and mine took off and all we could do was
to ride it out as there is no place to turn the horses. Arlene's horse
slipped on the frozen road and fell. She suffered a compound fracture and
dislocation of the left arm below the elbow, three broken ribs, and a broken
neck. Fractured C6.

She has been in the ICU, hope she will get out today. The DR.s hope the C6
will stay stable and all she will need is a neck brace.

The reason I am writing this is so you all will appreciate HELMETS. Her
helmet was crushed on the back, most likely by a rock. If it were not for
the helmet I would not have a wife this morning! We are considering
ourselves LUCKY that things are no worse.

If you want to give that rider in your family a very valuable gift this
Christmas may I recommend a new helmet for when they are riding.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID