----- Original Message -----
From: DreamWeaver <karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us>
.....but then I'm one
> of those people who think that to Finish is to Win means something.
Riding
> a successful season is a lot more important than any one ride.

Thanks for that post, Karen. It's good to hear someone say it just that
plain. Heidi gives the impression that she really cares about and
understands us "common folk" out here just riding our horses for the sheer
joy of riding our horses. And yes, I like to have my horse do well and it
feels good to finish in the top ten and it feels great to BC. But mainly, I
want to enjoy each ride and not have to worry every moment if my horse is
feeling OK or wonder if I am pushing her too hard. There are some rides
where I feel that it's our day to ride hard and fast and we both have a
blast. There are some rides where for whatever reason, I feel we just need
to ride easy and try to finish feeling good. I have tried to keep up with
this running discussion with Tom and Heidi as the main players, but I have
started to get the feeling from Tom that if we are not out there going all
out for the gold that we are not all that important to the sport. In fact, I
have felt from some of his comments that he demeans those of us who really
do feel that "to finish is to win". As I see it, winning isn't always coming
in first. I for one have seen top placing horses after the ride and they
look awful. I would be embarassed for people to see my horse looking like
that after a ride and I certainly don't consider the owners of those horses
as winners. Nuff said. I just wanted to thank you for your comments.
Pat Super

---- End included message ----