Re: Trade Show Donation?

In a message dated 12/18/99 9:52:29 AM Mountain Standard Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

<< So, you can see that there are two sides. The Board of Directors are at the
 meetings, not for fun. They go there to work in you, and the rest of the
 members, interest. It costs to be a Director, it is paid with insults and
 bitching. Try it some time. >>

I'm not insulting the BOD or bitching, I'm just saying that their hearts were
in the right area, but I believe that it was put out wrong......  I know they
work for us, I'm not saying they are not. I know it costs alot of money to be
a member of the board, several of the board members are friends of mine. If
you got that from my posting that I was insulting the BOD or bitching, then
I'm sorry, that was never my intent.

I work as a police officer in Colorado, I know there are always two sides to
every story.  I can understand the BOD's side, I can also understand the
vendors side.  The $5 entry fee was not to suppliment AERC, cause is was
designated for Trails use and that it is for only people who don't register
for the convention, but to make it an Manditory Donation was the wrong way to
put it.

I've been a member of AERC for a total of four years, have been to two
conventions and plan to go to this year.  Yes, it is the annual meeting for
the membership, also a convention where we get alot of great information and
where we can also socialize.  I go to many of the committee meetings along
with the lectures.  I value my time at the conventions.

I don't think there would have been any problems if it had been put on as a
plain old entry fee or if the BOD wanted to go to the Trails then make it a
donation only.  It was the use of both terms together that got people going.

I still believe that a donation box at the door would have been a better
idea, but that is my opinion.

Debi Sanger
3345 miles and counting.