Fwd: RC: Convention Trade Show

Just received this thought I'd share it as I seem to be the bad guy here.
Lovell

---- Begin included message ----
Lovell,

I'm sorry you feel that paying a nominal fee for admission to the trade
show is "taxing you to death." Consider this: Part of the AERC Charter is
trails preservation. If we don't wake up and do something trails closures
will someday doom the sport of endurance riding. AERC can and should be a
leader in support of equestrian trails advocacy in North America and with
funding can do much to focus the efforts of grass roots trails
organizations. One thing we're planning is to establish a web page devoted
to trails which will serve as a clearing house for information about trails
closures and other related issues.

Additionally, we're GIVING trade show attendees something for their
contribution by providing educational demonstrations on the Trade Show
Floor all day Friday and Saturday. Also, the Trade Show entry fee is a tax
deductible donation to a non-profit organization. The $5 entry fee allows
people to come and go all day as they please.

If these aren't compelling enough reasons, consider we're paying $2,500 to
rent the trade show facility and don't want to pass this along to vendors
alone.

Doyle Patrick
Executive Director

---- End included message ----