RE:Laurie Ledbetter update

For those who missed the post last month, Laurie Ledbetter was in an
accident on a ATV Quad runner the middle of October. She fell off, and in
the beginning had no feeling or movement from about the chest down. Laurie
is improving daily. Her spirits are up, and she is working hard to get
healed. Her movement on one side is doing fairly well, the other is coming
along slower. She is determined to walk (and of course ride) again. This is
going to be a long road, but she is focused on getting better. Vickie
(Roxanne) Greene took Lauries cat "Elmo" to visit the other day. He was a
VERY good kitty, and when he got out of the carrier, he crawled up on Laurie
and started kissing her face. She was able to move one arm around him to hug
him. We have talked of taking the horse to the parking lot when she is able
to go outside on "excursions". She can talk on the phone, but has to have
someone hold it for her still. It should not be much longer until she can
answer and hold the phone unassisted. As Melody mentioned, she would love
visitors.

>> if you want to send her a card:  9701 Sunland Blvd., Sunland, CA
91040.  If you have a chance, please feel free to visit her in the hospital.
She would like that.<<

For those who live out of the area, or would like to just send an e-mail to
Laurie, you can send one to me, and I will print it, and give it to Vickie
Greene. She goes by everyday to visit. Keep her in your thoughts and
prayers. I'm sure we all look forward to seeing her riding one of her moms
stallions down the trail again.
Jonni Jewell
jonnij@earthlink.net