People shoes

Try wearing two pairs of socks with your ariats. The shear ( rubbing ) will
take place between your sox, not between your sox and your skin. When I went
for a 4 day trail ride in the Alpujarra mountains of Spain, where we got off
and walked down all the steep rocky places, I wore my Ariat workhorse boots
with two pairs of socks. I wore out the socks but my feet were fine.
Foxhunting we are typically out for 4 hours and are obligated to wear formal
boots. Leather are a LOT more comfortable than rubber.   Libby