Garlic and horses

Hi, all,

  I love garlic, I think it's one of gods gifts to cooks. However, I've never
asked my horses to eat it. How does one feed garlic to horses? Raw, like
carrots? Garlic powder on their feed? Saute'd in a little butter, cooked to a
fine golden brown? Or roasted in 400 degree oven (after brushing with a little
olive oil) and then smeared liberally on a piece of hot french bread? And how
much garlic does one feed one's horse??

I will try a raw clove on Jordan today and give you the results of my two rat
study (I'll try one on Smoke, too..for an appaloosa he sure can be a
pig.............but don't tell my husband........)
Michelle