saddles

From: Stacey Dickenson
Email: Arabsteele@aol.com

Hello,I have signed up for my first ride this spring with my greenbroke 4&1/2 Yr. old gelding who is narrow and 14-1 hands.I have a couple of saddle questions.First,is that I am looking for various opinions on types of trees,ralide versus wood, steele etc.My A-betta cordura seems to be bridging his back and of course shearing off hair.He wouldnt extend his trot last time I rode,and with the weather I havnt been able to ride since.Any advice on what type and brands to purchase that are decently priced?Also, What are your opinions on western style fenders that swing as opposed to stationary types on english styles and aussie styles.Thanks