shoes

Okay, It's opinion time-yours please!  Having transplanted a year ago from
webfoot country to the mountains of Idaho, new challenges have arrived-ie
finding a good farrier (finding one at all is more like it!), snow, snow, and
more snow. We had 11 inches dumped 2 days ago, & that's only the beginning.
Fortunately we live at the end of a private gravel 2.5 mile road, so I still
manage to ride (but not when it's -20!) Last year was our first winter here
and I had "special" shoes made, (the price was pretty "special" too) they've
got the antisnowball rim? pads-not the full ones because I wanted
breathability.  The shoes themselves had carbide soldered at toes & heels & a
couple of "ice" nails (proobably just raised heads?). They have worked very
well, but is this the best setup? Is there a less costly way? Who recommends
what & why? I'd like to hear about other options.  How about easyboots with
studs or? and while we're on the shoe subject, how about some input on
equithotics sneakers and slypners. Thanks in advance for your input. Diann &
Spyder

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-