Fwd: RC: Melaleuca Oil AKA Tea Tree Oil

In a message dated 12/3/99 6:35:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lsn@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Thought I would pass on the healing qualities of tea tree oil, AKA,
 Melaleuca O >>

yes - Dynamite has this.
san

---- Begin included message ----
Thought I would pass on the healing qualities of tea tree oil, AKA,
Melaleuca Oil.

My neighbor used tea tree oil to cure 2 large open sores on a pony's
ankles. This pony arrived from Texas with open, raw sores on both front
ankes (entire outside ankle was raw).  Poor pony also suffered from an
insect allergy and would bite open wounds on her shoulders, forearms and
barrel.

All assortment of "proud flesh" remedies were tried, as were numerous
suggestions from the vet. In addition, several fly sprays were tried, in
hopes that the pony would no longer self-mutilate. None of these
treatments worked.

By chance, I saw this pony at a local show last weekend. She was entered
in a halter class. Her ankle sores were completely healed, and she was
no longer biting sores into her hide. When asked about her treatment,
Carol informed me that she had used Melaleuca Oil, 4 parts water/1 part
oil, sprayed onto the wounds 2x daily until they were healed.

Below is a description of the oil and application:

The oil has remarkable antispectic properties which seem to be most
pronounced when applied directly to infected areas. Practially any type
of cut, abrasion, rash or lesion will respond to tea tree oil. Applying
the oil full strength seems to work best. The same technique can be used
for boils, bug bites and stings, fungal infections, warts, cold sores,
blisters or localized infections or bleeding gums.

Since my endurance horse is still suffering from gnat bite reactions, I
am trying this "miracle" oil on him, hoping to relieve the itchiness and
heal the sores his rubbing has caused.

Another friend informed me recently that she had successfully cured
scratches using the 4/1 water/tea tree oil solution.

Laura,
N. Fla.

---- End included message ----