Fw: beet pulp bath

If this duplicated...sorry...

Ranetta

----- Original Message -----
From: Ranetta Burke
To: Michelle Rowe
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: beet pulp bath

I used the large black rubber feed tubs alone until I got a new horse.  His favorite trick was to flip the tub over (2-3 ft in the air) so he could eat his grain without the aggravation of pushing his pellets out of the way.  My husband went to our local tire store and got a used tire that the tub would fit inside of-(take the tub with you).  The black rubber tubs we pick up at our local feed store.  I use the taller one, not the short one we used to call a "pig feeder tub".  The tub goes inside the tire and below the top inside rim.  We learned to do this because this horse would pull the tub out of the tire if he could reach the tub rim.  Sometimes he would still tip over tire and tub, but he couldn't fling it and he was usually almost thru eating when he did this--instead of just starting...

Good Luck,

Ranetta
No. Oregon