No-Break Bungie Tie & "Pulling Back"

Debbie Zanot darkcat5@yahoo.com
First of all if we were smart people we would use the John Lyons
method of re-training our horses to stand tied. If any of
you know my husband Genes' horse Bandit (nick named Boo Boo)
He is kind of a sly horse who looks very laid back and innocent
almost "sleepy".  We of course know when he looks like this
that he is making plans. Very occasionally for no apparent
reason that we know of he will pull back when tied to the trailer
and break lead ropes. He never runs away he just gets this smug
look, like na-na-na-na na!!! He is slightly evil.
Well I saw this great trailer tie that is like a bungie
rope that was reported as "nearly un breakable"...
Man we were so excited when we got it.  We tied ol' Boo
Boo to the trailer and hid the other horses and waited,
and waited and waited. He stood calmly with that sleepy look
so we deciced we would scare him into action. Well it
worked like a charm. He backed up and felt the give
moved forward. So this $9.00 rope was a good
investment and we were thrilled with it  but Boo Boo
seemed totally un impressed. He usually likes getting a bath
and we always make use of Fort Armstrongs horse
shower before the ride. I had my horse tied and was cleaning him
and Gene brought Bandit over and tied him with his bungie rope
and we were talking with other people and not really
looking at the expression on ol' BooBoo's face. You have
to watch closely because he is sly. Suddenly we were rivited
to the spot as he began backing up slowly and deliberately
and were to facinated to do anything except sort of giggle
as this 2 foot rope grew longer and longer. Meanwhile Boo
Boo had this puzzled look since we never said a word to him.
When the rope was stretched to 6 foot all the little rubber
bands inside exploded in a fine array of color.
We were laughing so hard at his expression of : "WOAH!
I never did that before, made one explode" He had this sheepish
look on his face and slowly turned and walked away shaking
what was left of this exploded nearly unbreakable rope
with the many colored rubberbands swinging to and fro.
SO....back to John Lyons.....

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-