Re: CTR: How safe is night riding?

Hi!  I personally enjoy late evening, night riding.  My understanding is the horses can see much better than us........'course I walk unless I know the terrain very well......Kinda neat..........

Kelly from SW PA

Yenbad@aol.com wrote:

My husband wants to start riding our regular trails in the evening.  The
trail itself is well maintained by ranch hands.  It is on private property,
not multi-use.  We're near LA,  Calif, so we don't have any bears or wolves.
We would not be riding near any roads so cars are not an issue.  My only
concern is since it is really pretty dark, will my horse trip on a rock or
step in a hole & fall. I wouldn't want to be walking on foot in the dark on
the trails. In some ways it seems like it would be fun & exciting & other
ways, very scary!   I was wondering how many other folks ride in the dark.

""