ground tie/music stand

Have to insert this here because we found it quite amusing.
The horse I have ground ties real well for clipping and grooming.
And we found an unusual way to utilize that at a ride several wks ago.
He's getting his limited distance miles/camping experience this year at
CTR's and even though I had hoped to finish off with the Mustang 50 for
an endurance ride, family visiting got the priority that wkend...
Well back to his final CTR...which ridecamp contributor Patty Lambert
also attended. Patty and I had enjoyed a wkend of riding together
earlier in the year at her place and in the pm played flute/clarinet
duets from music she had located at the Penn State library (she's REALLY
good and put up with me-I had just gotten my hs clarinet overhauled to
start playing again for fun). She "insisted" I stick the clarinet behind
the truck seat and bring it along to the ride.
Then she actually insisted that we play! There were only several people
camping overnight before the CTR ride. It was too dark to read music by
the lantern... since I have an outside light on my trailer we positioned
my horse so the light shined on his side and duct taped the music to his
side (he had one of Mary Coleman's blankets on which is easy to tape
to). He wasn't quite as cooperative as usual because he was standing in
a very tempting grassy area as opposed to on gravel or pavement- but he
really did quite well and we managed to get through several pages before
he decided to walk away...plus we were laughing too hard.
He and I are going to work on that at home before the next opportunity
with Patty... I also thought I'd experiment with different types of
music and see what he likes best. So you never know when ground tying
might come in handy.
Deb LaBerge