Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:06:12 -0800
From: sshaw@pacbell.net
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Subject: RC:  Calif. State Rec. Trails Committee
I attended the Committee meeting in San Jose today and was dismayed by
the discussion that the California Riding and Hiking Trail is being
shuffled into a nonentity by the Parks and Rec. because of 1978
legislation. How can we revived that???  There will be an excellent
Trails Conference in Redding in Sept 2000 and many of us should consider
attending....
There will soon be two openings on the California State Recreational
Trails Committee. If anyone wishes to know more about that organization
or its function, or how to be appointed by the Governor please contact
me or Charlie Willard at CWILL@parks.ca.gov

There is a lot we could do to further more trails and saving the old
ones...... Steve Shaw