endurance board game

OK folks...I have to do something to get away from the dreaded "cats in
camp" thread... you ARE talking about "camp cats", right?  LOL  Anyway, a
friend of ours has enlisted me to help her create an endurance board game
for our own personal use to help while away the winter hours (gee that's
almost poetic).  Of course, part of the game will be drawing cards when we
land in certain areas to "hold" us up.  We are trying to make it fun and a
little realistic but more fun than anything!!  We have thought of all kinds
of things that can happen on the trail to set one back....ie., horse spooks
at monster chipmunk, dumps rider, go back 3 spaces while you chase down
horse and remount, or horse refuses to cross stream, lose turn until
another rider comes along to cross with... that kind of stuff.  I told my
friend that ridecampers have the funniest, most interesting stories to tell
about their rides...sometimes they are the most impossible scenarios, and
yet they happen.  But, I thought maybe some of you might tell me some of
these weird things (crossing roads, negotiationg narrow, winding paths,
crossing streams, ets.) in the form of a "card" (see above).  I will put
them into my cute little "board game replies" file and take them to my
friend as we labor over this game....we have laughed so over the goofy
ideas.  Her husband says we are going to need a forklift just to transport
the "cards" for our game!  I can't wait for it to get done so I can play it
with my new 4-H distance club kids.  :)  Thanks, guys.  I have been holding
off on asking you this (might you think I am off my rocker?) and now with
Angie gone and my visit coming up with my friend this weekend I thought I
better get busy!  Take care all!!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
McBain, Michigan