Lightening?

Tonight we had another world class thunder storm including a lot of
lightening and very loud thunder.  I just finished unloading a wheelbarrow
load of wood and was taking the wheel barrow back (it was pitch black dark)
and my white gelding Talon was not at his feeder where I figured he should
be.  Being white I just looked around in the edge of the yard light and could
see a white lump on the ground, not where he rolls but lying flat out with
his head to the downhill and his front feet sort of folded, not stretched
out.  I called to him and kept calling as I got closer and opened his gate.
He did not move until I got inside and fairly close to him.  Then he slowly
raised his head and very slowly got to his feet, he did not shake.  He just
stood there looking rather dazed, I walked up to him and touched him, he
looked at me and then sort of back at himself and I spoke to him again and
slowly very slowly he walked towards his feeder.  It was not only scary but I
was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?  He is the only horse
on the place with shoes on now.  Last summer the lightening took out about 7
not same outlet items in the house so I know it is strange.  I have looked
him over as good as I can in the dark with a good flashlight and will keep
checking him and see how things are in the morning.  Lovell