Wandering cats

I beg to differ.  Our cats have always been outdoor/indoor cats.  With
the exception of a rare few I've had over the years, all have died of
old age or complications thereof, usually well over 15 years of age,
some over 20.  Since not all of these cats have been related, I can't
say that they come from especially intelligent genetic lines or
anything.  I dare to conclude that their outdoor living option has not
shortened life spans.  Besides, none of the cats is willing to spend a
whole night outside - they might lose their favorite sleeping spots on
the bed.

I am, I guess, of the old school.  Cats are critters that keep the
rodent population out of my horse feed.  Living at the edge of the Hanta
Virus area, and being aware of various other rodent spread diseases, we
are especially concerned about keeping the rodent population under
control.  I don't want poisons for the critters - so cats do the job.

We have bird feeders & bird baths, and our cats have rarely been bird
killers, but they sure are good mousers.  How do I know?  Simply by
taking note of the body parts we find around.  Few feathers, lots of
rodent tails.  Whether or not they are outdoor cats, the breeding issue
is simply solved.  It involves a visit to the vets.  Has nothing to do
with outdoor living, does it.  Lif

--
Lif & Paul Strand   STRAND ENTERPRISES   http://www.fasterhorses.com