From: Sharon Saare [mailto:sharonsaare@dellnet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 5:02 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Akhal Teke horses

Dear Mr. Sewell,
Thanks for your inquiry about Akhal Teke horses...I think the crosses will be very interesting to watch in endurance over the next few years.  Some of the top riders are taking an interest in them...one main reason is that they are narrow, narrow, narrow...
heat adds to fatigue...and wide horses just get hotter...
Its not by accident that the top horses in Europe and the USA...many of them...use my B tree in saddles, my number 2 narrowest tree...they simply cool off faster.
Many of the Akhal Teke's I have fitted are A & B backs...my own 4 year old is an A back with AA shoulder...I expect him to
beef out..ha ha ...to a B in maturity...but took his Dam 10 years to reach a B.  Its important, especially since so many of our
horses in the Country today are E and DD backs...they hold a lot of heat.
I do know of Akahal Teke's for sale...call 303 678-5968
Sharon Saare