FEI Horses (the weather thing)

Wendy Merendini merendiniws@navair.navy.mil
Race day was probably the coolest day and lowest in humidity of
the whole month we were there!  The vet check was only about 23
 miles from Gantoot which is right on the water - so I question
 that "officials" statement about the level of humidity.

I would still argue that the humidity was much higher than 2% as
 my horse did have steam coming off her and the sweat did not
evaporate quickly as it will here at home.  Today here in
Ridgecrest the humidity is 33% and I would call it relatively dry.  Temps are in the mid 70s.

Ridgecrest is quite a distance from 29 Palms and the weather is
 different.  We are at higher elavation, summer temps are from
100 to 120 and summer humidity is anywhere from 15% to 50%.   I
 have not been to 29 Palms in years but I would imagine they
would generally have a higher humidity than us.  The weather
patterns have changed in the last 10 years and we have more
humidity that we used to.  More people, more swimming pools,
more lawns equals more water which has seemed to increase the
humidity.

Now lets see, to make this endurance related I throw out this
question - Does training a horse in temps of say 112 degrees
(but of low to moderate humidity) help in adapting that horse to
 handle higher humidity?

Wendy Merendini

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-