Fwd: RC: RC: An idea for LD rides

In a message dated 11/15/99 12:04:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Dbeverly4@aol.com writes:

<< That would accommodate the LDers who want to race, but it would be a
problem
 for people using LD as (gasp) a training ride for a young horse (what a
 concept). (dripping sarcasm here).  Because then the front running 50 milers
 would have to blast by the green Ld horses.   I wish they'd start the LDers
 on SUNDAY,but barring that, how about 4 hours or so behind the 50s?  If the
 50s started at 6 and the 25s started at 10:00 or so, that should take care
of
 any piling up problems.  Sorry if this post is too acerbic :O for most, but
 I've been run into one too many times by racing LDers. >>

We have never 'raced ' our horses in 25s or otherwise - they are not
motorcycles but friends, pets, and creatures. No one should EVER be
"blasting' past anyone - I can't imagine why it is okay at a longer distance
than a shorter one - never did figure out this lopsided concept. We really
like starting an hour after the 50s - too late a start and rides would lose
some riders - like us - who don't always have the time on hand - else we
would be riding the 50s - before we have to pack up and go back to work.
Sundays would also cause a loss of ridership, since many DO go to worship,
and in addition, if the distance is too far to travel  back before work again
on Monday, then many would simply no go. Clearly, the best option so far is
an hour - or even an 1.5 hours between starts - and at any rate, NO ONE
should 'blast past' another horse, on the trail OR the rail. Unsafe at any
distance - or venue.

---- Begin included message ----
In a message dated 11/15/99 8:42:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
 most of them would already be back at camp before the 50s were halfway
 around :))

 Are there other reasons - or maybe a rule - about starting 50s then 25s?

That would accommodate the LDers who want to race, but it would be a problem
for people using LD as (gasp) a training ride for a young horse (what a
concept). (dripping sarcasm here).  Because then the front running 50 milers
would have to blast by the green Ld horses.   I wish they'd start the LDers
on SUNDAY,but barring that, how about 4 hours or so behind the 50s?  If the
50s started at 6 and the 25s started at 10:00 or so, that should take care of
any piling up problems.  Sorry if this post is too acerbic :O for most, but
I've been run into one too many times by racing LDers.

Sylvia

---- End included message ----