Are there rules about who gets a prize?

Someone asked me something about the endurance race that's being organised
here for about April, and I had no idea. The "organiser" is a breeder of
Arabians here and the organising body is the breeders association, or at
least one of them...long story. She breeds Arabs here and in the UK and
hires people to ride them in endurance races in the UK and Europe (or so she
says..I don't really know). This is the individual who took a 40 km fun ride
and turned it into an FEI sanctioned 96 km (it gets longer every month!)
endurance ride.  A lot of the people who were interested at 40 km were
scared off at 80 km (the original length) and dead sure not to ride at 96
km.  Part of the problem is that they don't know anything about conditioning
horses and feel they haven't enough time to have their horses fit. On Friday
evening we will have a seminar with Tony Pavord from the FEI that will give
people some information, but it's already the end of November. All in all a
less than optimal situation as far as I can see. Dorika was the only horse I
was aware of with any kind of serious training program that started last
year some time, and she's sidelined with the sesamoid problem. (Went for her
first walk on the grass today though!)
The bottom line is that this breeder has brought over some of her UK horses
and there is one other breeder that I know who has a guy riding one of his
horses for him. Neither breeder rides. So if a groom or hired rider wins the
race and the LE 25 thou (about $8 thou), does the prize money go to the
rider or to the owner, or is there any rule about that. In thoroughbred
racing, the owner gets most, the trainer some and the jockey some. Is there
any such tradition in endurance or any regulations? Probably not, or our
organiser would have chosen a different route. I can't see a breeder letting
a groom have the prize money, but I'd love to find out that they have to.

Anybody know?
Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg