LD/Endurance/CTR

Ellen Carter ellen.carter@compaq.com
Regarding the debate of LD versus Endurance that has digressed
into Endurance versus CTR,

I find it puzzling that those from the LD/Endurance camp think
they have the monopoly on boneheaded riders.  Any time someone
from the CTR camp says "you can learn so much from CTR" the
LD/Endurance camp responds with a horror story on the inadequate
preparation or care of a CTR horse.

Believe me, we have a few yahoos and riders that don't
care to learn anything about distance riding or horsemanship.
The structure and slower pace of NATRC removes the incentive to
race, but we still get new riders that bring unconditioned horses
to rides.  And we get riders who rather than take advantage of
the learning opportunities, chose to ignore them.  And we have
some vets that are less competent than others, just like you
have in LD/endurance.

Yes, NATRC is a great place to learn and practice long slow
distance riding.  But we can't force people to avail themselves
of all that learning.

ellen

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-