Fwd: RC: wedge pads

---- Begin included message ----
In most cases I try to rasp the heel back even with the widest point of the
frog.This does two things 1. moves the base of support back under the horse
2. It gets the horn tubules growing in more of a downward direction.Keep in
mind that your farrier may have to wedge your horse back up to maintain the
proper angle.If you mean you are hanging shoe out the back for " growing room
" I would reconsider this option.You are in fact supporting the leg and
suspensory system not the foot.As for the foot you are actually causing more
damage to your heels.Its a matter of physics.By the shoe hanging out you are
actually creating a lever and fulcrum.The heels being the fulcrum and knowing
that you can't distroy energy it is transfered to the heels causing more
damage.I know this is a little different than what you hear alot but if you
stop and think it makes perfect sense.The shoe should not extend past the
heel more than an 1/8 of an inch in most cases. I hope this clears it up a
little for you.RD
---- End included message ----