forgetting things

Sort of in the same vein - my luggage got lost going from Buffalo to Salt Lake City to the '87 (I think!!!!) Race of Champions.  I had boarded the plane in little flat shoes and a sundress with no bra on!!!!!!  I wasn't riding, thank goodness, but crewing for eventual winner, Brian Weaver.  There wasn't even anything clothes to buy in Brian Head where the race was.  Thanks to '80 something' Mae Schlagel (god rest her happy soul), I had some illfitting but well appreciated clothes.  After the race I trotted Annalea Moonbeam out for best condition, and in the video, you can tell I don't have a bra on!!! How embarrassing.  I was wearing ridecamp contributor Pat Olivia's shoes and they were a little too big.  Needless to say, we did not win BC!!!!!

Then next year when I was actually riding ROC in Sedalia CO, I carried my ride clothes and saddle on the plane (horse was already there).  When I switched planes in St. Louis, I was told I HAD to check my bag, as the plane was crowded.  I said I wouldn't check my saddle bag unless I could see in go in the plane I was boarding.  They let me go down on the tarmac and put it on the conveyor myself!!!!  I must have looked desperate!!!

Laura Hayes
New York