Digital Cameras

Hi, all --

I am starting to look at digital cameras, and need to learn about them from people who have been using them for awhile.  I would appreciate any ridecampers who take digital pictures, and I know there are quite a few, posting me privately - jdowis@foothill.net -with any tips, likes, dislikes, things I would do differently, must have features, etc., you may be willing to share.  Specific questions I would like answers to:  (1) what camera(s) do you use now, (2) if you had to do it all over, what would you buy, and (3) what advice would you give a newbie to these gadgets as far as buy small $$ vs buy big $$ to start, or buy in between.  Thanks loads!

Joan D.