Beetpulp

I am wayyy behind on digests, but have to add my two cents worth, because I
wouldn't have a dear horse standing out in my barn if it wasn't for beetpulp.
We got Woody the 26+ year old TB gelding, ex-polo pony, ex-lesson horse, in
the dead of winter two years ago, looking almost dead himself.  I won't even
show people the pictures I took of him at that point, he looked so bad.  I
live in Michigan's beautiful U.P., where there isn't exactly a plethora of
equine vets, so I called up Purina and said "help"!  On their advice, he has
been on beet pulp and Equine Senior, with lots and lots of warm water. I let
it stand while I feed the other critters, and he's dipping his head in before
I can put it in his bucket!  He drinks very little water otherwise (no matter
how fresh I keep it), so I make sure his "mush" is almost "soup".  Now he is
beautiful, round, and loves to trail ride.  The only problem is that my
husband and son want to know why I'll cook "breakfast" for the horse but not
for them!  (I have had human visitors say that it smells pretty good, kind of
like hot breakfast cereal...)
Terri Radandt
and Woody (don't let that goat steal my mush!)
Daggett, Michigan (the U.P., deserving of statehood)

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-