Re: LD

I rode back in the 70's and I dont remember any such debate between the 100's and the 50's .   There were hardly any 100 milers going on back then.  50 miles has always been considered an enduance ride.  I also dont know of any 50 milers with egos so large as to want the mileage  of 25ers not to count in accumilated miles for AERC.  I for one had no idea that they didnt count!!!  Many of us dont consider a 25er as an endurance ride but we sure as heck dont begrudge the mileage to anyone who finished.  Miles is miles.     gesa n clovis
-----Original Message-----
From: navion <navion@lightspeed.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Sunday, November 07, 1999 8:31 AM
Subject: RC: LD

Hi Maggie

>>Just one last post before I crawl into my hole for the night.  I don't
>>think MY ego is at the bottom of anything!!!

   It is the ego of 50 milers that want their accomplishments held in higher
asteem than LD riders that wouldn't want the mileage to count as endurance
miles.  The same as the 100 milers that didn't want 50's to count back in
the 70's.

>>not to renew or not to join at all.  Forgive my ignorance, but I did not
>>realize that not all my miles would count.

   Your LD miles are tracked, accumulated and stored forever.  They are just
listed in a different spot in the yearbook than the 50 and 100 mile rides.
So now it is back to an ego question again. If we have no ego then we
probably shouldn't care where they are listed, just that they are tracked
forever.

Jim Mitchell