Re:Parrot mouth

 My mule was the product of a perfectly normal pair of parents. Neither
animal had any mouth deformaties. Both the mare and the jack had also
produced several babies with no deformities. The mare and jack were bred
together four times. The first foal died at three days(a Filly) with no
obvious deformities. the second was normal( a colt) Then my mule had the
opposite of a parrot mouth with the bottom jaw to long. her bottom jaw is
much longer than her top jaw. The teeth do not even meet. The next foal from
this match was way worse than my mule. Another filly. My mom had her put to
sleep, because there was no way that she would be able to eat, she could not
even suckle. My mom bred the mare to a different jack and out came a
perfectly normal filly foal. So we believe though both parents are normal
and have produced normal foals with other mates, there was something in
their genetic makeup that didn't cross right.   My mule has to be fed hay
all the time, because she does have trouble grazing in short grass, but
otherwise she is fine, and looks like she has never missed a meal in her
life.  I'd but another animal with that condition, but I'd never breed one
like that.  Your difference is not anywhere as bad as my mule. She has quite
a big difference between top and bottom.
Anna and Keith and all out critters
(horses) Hobo(the old man) Shy Ann (the Mule)
Lizzy (momma) and Lightning (baby)
(Basenjis) Lady Queen of the house, and
her two sons George and Iceman and finally
Lilly (the prairie dog)