From: Glenda R. Snodgrass [mailto:grs@TheNetEffect.com]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 12:29 PM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: RC: on awards & Camelbacks

Remembering the recent conversation on funny awards, I though the BC award
for the 50 at Long Leaf this weekend was fabulous -- a portapotty!  Man,
I'd love to win one of those. :)

On the subject of Camelbacks, how many of you have used the waist models
that came out a year or so ago?  I find that I hold my shoulders funny
when using my backpack model, and I end up sore & stiff in my upper back
after a long ride.  I have a history of pinched nerves in one shoulder and
never carry anything else on my shoulders, so I figure that's making it
worse.  I'd like to try a waist model (I think the GoBe is the Camelback
one) but there are no stores here that carry them, so I have to buy one to
try it.  I'm very high-waisted and worry that a waist model will interfere
with my elbows.  Anyone with experience?  There's no doubt that my
hydration is MUCH better with the Camelback along, so I want to find a
more comfortable way to carry this water that I do so need when I ride.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region