Sunday riders

Here's another ride story at home post....hope you don't mind.  I'll keep
it short but wanted to share it.  It was a great day yesterday...not too
warm, not too cold.  Probably mid 50s and sunny.  We took a looooong ride,
took all day (about 5-6 hours including a lunch break and pit stop when
Nelson brought the horses water).  We rode to a pretty little hill about 12
miles east of here.  You can see for miles and miles from the top of it, it
curves around and around going up to the top with a few steep little parts
but a horse can actually walk up most of it without any trouble.  Anyway,
the best part of our ride was on our way out on a gravel road.  A little
old lady who had seen us coming walked out and met us at the road.  We
stopped and talked with her awhile, introduced the horses and ourselves and
she told us stories of how much she loved to ride as a girl, complimented
our beautiful horses and petted them with this look in her eye that made
you think for a brief moment, she was that young girl again.  Made our ride
all that more special....we promised to stop again and invited her to come
to our house anytime to visit the rest of the critters.  To top it all off,
the horses all went over the wooden bridge like troopers (coming AND
going), with us on their backs and since I have been using the HRM, I can
see Malik's recoveries getting faster and faster.  I will be able to get
off within sight of a vet check and walk him in at parameters which will be
a real treat!  Of course, I don't expect that at first.  I am sure the
first few rides will probably keep his HR up a bit until he settles into
the routine of things.  But still, I know he will be capable of it!!  :)
High hopes for this guy.... hey, there's another riding song... High Hopes,
I've got high hopes, I've got high apple pie in the sky hopes.....:) and
that's all I know!  :)  Have a good one everybody!!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
McBain, Michigan
http://www.netonecom.net/~mmieske