Re: RC: Re: its a huntin season DOC!

In a message dated 11/6/99 9:22:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rides2far@juno.com writes:

<< I was not raised with hunters...but as Howard explains, by age 14 was
 very attracted to them.  A guy trying to climb into a truck that's too
 tall looks much sexier than a guy who's trying to get a boost onto a 17
 hand horse. (Sorry Howard) ...but I've never met one that could compare to
Howard's
 description of his own consumption habits. >eg<

ah, the pain.  I knew it was a mistake to mention you by name.  OHHHHH, stop
it Teach, you're killin me here.

<< I hate the fact that there are times when I cannot go into the woods, but
 that's the breaks.  I do NOT ride where gun season is open.  They only
 get a couple of weeks a year>>

I do ride during hunting season and I do it in areas where I'm allowed.  The
season here starts in Sept and goes till almost May.   I'm having a difficult
time believing it's only two weeks a year up there in Tennessee, but I'm sure
Angie knows what's up.    I'll be damned if I won't ride during that time of
year (Sep-May).  Deer are not that plentiful here, I rarely see a buck.  The
wild boar that used to roam these woods are almost totally gone.  This part
of Florida is overhunted, excpet for my favorite wildlife.  Gators still
endure here and they always will as long as we got dogs and small children.

<<Endurance riders have the responsibility of knowing where seasons are open
and what places to avoid.  I don't consider an Orange vest as a life
preserver.  I will NOT sing loud to disrupt their hunting.>>

I'm in favor of knowing the layout of the land better than anyone, especially
the hunters.  I do sing loud and clear to disrupt the hunt.  The song goes
something like this:  "SHOULDA BEEN A COWBOY.  SHOULDA LEARNED TO ROPE AND
RIDE. WEARING MY SIX SHOOTER RIDING MY PONY ON A CATTLE DRIVE.  STEALING A
YOUNG (EXCEPT FOR OLE ANGIE) GIRL'S HEART.  JUST LIKE GENE AND ROY.  SINGING
THOSE CAMPFIRE SONGS, OH, I SHOULDA BEEN A COWBOY."

<< I will not call every drunk with a gun a hunter, just like I hope they
don't call every drunk on a horse a "horseman" (except Howard of course :-)>>

OUCH, OUCH, STING, STING.  Geezzz Angie, by my calculations you should be a
Great Great Grandma by now.  You really know how to hurt a guy. My guess is
you've had plenty of practice.  Not sure if I'm going to be able to make my
next ride with all these knife wounds in my back.  Man, I was just kidding
about your family tree.  I'm sure there's atleast one branch.  :-)~

cya,
Howard