25 miles is 25 MILES

Title: 25 miles is 25 MILES

I have been doing LD for several years, mainly because my horse wasn't able to more.  I have 4 year old that has the potential for longer distances.  When I discuss my hobby with family,  friends and collegues, they are surprised and shocked that a horse can be ridden 25 miles in under 6 hours.  To them,  this is a tremendous feat and 25 miles is TWENTY-FIVE MILES!!!   With that, I feel a sense of accomplishment and pride.  After all, these are the people I care about and I sure have empressed the hell outta them!!!!