From: CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com [mailto:CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com]
Subject: Re: RC: RE: Re: Cannon bones/Tendon size

She would have been very close to the adequate ratio at that
measurement--when one figures an 8" minimum per 1000 lbs, an 880# horse
should have a minimum of 7.286, which is only a few hundredths of an inch
over her 7.25--and quite frankly, I doubt that you are apt to be measuring to
that level of precision.  That circumference would fit well with a moderate
build.  That would not concern me at all for a "moderate" heavyweight such as
the weight you gave of 218--more than adequate.  She was carrying a fraction
less than a quarter of her own weight (not bad at all) and was right at the
point of adequate substance.

Heidi