bowed tendon

Barbara  bcharron@att.com
I would like input on horses future opinions of endurance career after a bowed tendon.  My mare has recovered from the bowed tendon nicely and is now expecting a foal in July.  This will mean rest for 18 months minimum from endurance.

It has been brought to my attention by the vet that there is a common reoccurrence of bowed tendons.  It was suggested that I could have the superior check ligament surgery to minimize.  This is common with race horses and the statistics are from racing:  without the surgery - a 50/50 chance to sustain another bowed tendon and with the surgery - 75/25.

Does anyone have any advice on the surgery or on experiences with this injury and endurance.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-