Re: Easy boot trouble

> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:14:57 PDT
> From: "robert and carla lawson"
> <robandcarla@hotmail.com>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: RC:  how to put on an easy boot
>
> Carla Lawsons 24 step Easy Boot instructions
>

> I have finally figured out to put on an Easyboot. it
> really is very very
> easy
> 1) clean horses foot thoroughy with pick and brush.
> 2) remove any remains of nails and other pokey
> stuff.
> 3) holding foot between your knees toes pointed
> inward place easy boot over
> the hoof.
> 4) set horses foot down
> 5) pick horses foot up
> 6) reposition easy boot on horses hoof
> 7) set horses foot down
> 8) go pick up easy boot after horse has pitched it
> 9)clean debri out of easyboot
> 10) pick up horses foot and clean horsemuffins out
> 11) repeat steps 4 thru 10 over about 3 more times
> 12)throw easyboot down and jump up and down trying
> to crush easyboot
> 13) go get duct tape out of truck console/dash
> 14)using very strong language cuss the folowing
> people your farrier,your
> spouse,horse(yes they are people too) and the makers
> of the damn contraption
> that you are trying to put this damn thing on
> 15)repeat steps 1 thru 6
> 16) using duct tape tape the bottom of the easy boot
> to the middle and onto
> the horses coronet band
> 17) continue up the leg of the horse and stop
> somewhere on the cannon
> 18) put horses leg down
> 19) quickly pick horses foot up while cussing
> 20) remove hand from duct taped leg
> 21) set horses foot down
> 22) continue on your journey until the tape and shoe
> have become unraveled
> and your horses ears are leaned back (WAYYY back)
> 23)repeat steps 1 thru 12 again until you realize
> you left the duct tape at
> the truck
> If on the trail repeat only steps 1 thru 12 until
> you decide you are going
> to have to walk it out.
> 24) at the end of the trail take easyboot off saddle
> and throw it into the
> woods (realistically it will land about four feet in
> front of you)
>
> Carla (many things you can do with Duct tape)
> Baru (besides pull hair off your horse)
> Haley (did you see my halter lead?she ruined my
> pretty halter lead)
> Rob (ahhh thats my wife)

Carla- You always come up with new ways to make me
burst out laughing in complete hysterics. My family
comes running into the room and thinks I'm nutts. But
I really can relate to this as well!!
Oh boy do I hate easy boots, and have completely given
up on them. If my horse throws a shoe I call my
beloved farrier and make an appoinment ASAP, and say
screw it, and pull the other shoe so they don't run
around for a week on even front or back feet.
Well, thanks for all your imput and *jokes, take
care!!
Kelsey
and Thunder Butt "Mom, if you ever put one of those on
me again I'll go nutts!"

=====
Happy Trails all, and remember, "..to finish is to win."