Re: RC: how to put on an easy boot

  I rode a ride a few years ago, with Angie McGhee.  I lost absolutely
everything I could lose, that wasn't already gone!  Two easy boots, bag that
I was carrying one easy boot in, sponge, vet card, everything.  Except my
sponge rope.  Of course, right after losing my easy boots, Coujur lost a
shoe.  Angie politely offered hers, brand new one too!  It was a red one.  We
were all running up front, and they all stopped for me to put it on.  Didn't
take too long.  And off we went.  Angie reminded me that it was a new easy
boot, as it went past us on the trail.  So I got off sent  them on their
merry way, no sense them having to wait every 0.2 miles for me to reapply the
easy boot.  And put it back on Coujur, leaning over the side watching for the
easy boot to come off.  After the third time, I got a bright idea (hey, it
could happen!) So I put the easy boot back on, it was a hind foot, and
snapped my sponge rope (the only remaining thing on my saddle except for me,
occasionally) to the wire on the easy boot, below the hooky thing (sorry to
get so technical).  Back on Coujur I got, and I held my hand out, with the
sponge rope attached to the easy boot, and off we went.  When the easy boot
would pass, I would stop and put it back on.  My mom was crewing for me that
day, and being a good crew met me on the trail before the vet check.  Poor
Coujur was called a puppet for weeks after that.

Nina and Goat (don't even think you are trying that with me!)