Re: Non-skid soles on Easyboots?

I asked e-boot about the studs and while they didn't sound any more
difficult than putting/taking off eboots I seem to remember you had to
order the boots with using studs in mind - I think eboot has to put the
stud holes in the boot and then you buy the studs and use as needed. A
screw (I think it's called a tap or something) stays in the hole to keep
the threads clean when it's not being used for a stud - just like the
the eventing shoes with studs.

Anyway, after talking to eboots about the traction issue I decided
against the studs as I wasn't sure how good the studs were when you
weren't in the mud - i.e., what kind of pull they created on hard ground
or pavement and I also figured if I rode on road/rocks with the studs in
they would be ruined/worn down. Here again the variety of terrain made
me wonder about something like studs for a whole ride - or even one loop.

I really like eboots for their convenience and to get a handle on the
traction issue I also wondered about an all-traction surface and
wondered about taking a dremmel tool or something and making the grooves
deeper for more traction (a la hiking boots) but didn't know if that
would weaken the boots in any manner.

Tina
tina@liveonthenet.com