RE: horse country

-----Original Message-----
From:	Rayna777@aol.com [SMTP:Rayna777@aol.com]

Where is the best place in the states to move to if you want good, year-round
riding weather?

I [Karen Sullivan]  Lots of trails in my part of Northern California (Lake County), and we ride year-round.  Some of the best riding is in the winter, and when the trails get too muddy, there are lots of dirt roads.....we are two hours from Sacramento, and about 2 to 3 from San Francisco.  It does get hot in the summer, but typically only over 100 degrees for a week or so.  We are two hours from the coast, and 3 hours from Pt. Reyes Natl. seashore.  Not great job opportunities; my husband commutes to Stanford Univ.

Property still real reasonable (for California!)  You can find many small horse acerages (5 acres) for under $150,000

There is also Sacto area foothills, Santa Rosa area that are big horse areas.

BLM has been terrific in purchasing and opening new areas to ride-latest  aquisition was thousands of acres near Cache creek, over 40 miles of trails!Spectacular scenery, bald eagles, tule elk. wildflowers.

Karen Sullivan

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-