Re: RC: 25's v 50s

----- Original Message -----
From: <CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 1999 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: RC: 25's v 50s

Heidi,
Thanks for the info.  Well, it remains to be seen what a good prospect Fox
turns out to be.  Right now, he is a complete air head about his feet.  I
know Gesa was willing to (maybe willing is too strong a word) let Clovis
fall off a 200' foot cliff so he could learn, but I start with a healthy
fear of heights.  Anyway, little by little we will see what he can do on the
mountain trails around here.  If I could find a trail with no barbed wire
and no busy roads near by, I'd like to try riding Akela (who does have
sense) and letting Fox find his own way over cliffs and so forth.  However,
that being said:  Fox is an ex-race horse so I definitely want a strategy
that minimizes those connections.  I know a lot of people ride ex-race
horses and I wonder if there are other tips I should know about.  I'm sure
you're right that a lot of my problems on Suni had to do with rider
excitement, but Sun was a very laid back horse and no tough rocky mountain
trail slowed his passion for getting to the front.
Dyane and Fox (blissfully ignorant of what lies ahead or below his feet)
N. Ca