Mia Rabbia update

Patty J jbco@jps.net
Several people E-mailed encouraging messages to me about my mare
(Mia Rabbia) who colicked just a few miles into the
Wild West ride near Nevada City this weekend.

My vet called this morning to let me know my horse was out of
pain and making lots of manure.  She might even get to come home
tomorrow if she continues to improve.  We are going to discuss
changes in my feeding program.  My horse loves oat hay, but that
may have been part of her problem, especially since she didn't
drink her usual amount of water the night before.  She usually
drains two buckets, even if it is cold.

We will still look into the posibilitie of enteroliths.  I have
been feeding a combonation of oat and alfalfa hay since I have
trouble finding good grass hay here in N.Cal.  I would love to
hear from anyone in N. Ca about what kind of hay you feed and
where you get it.  (Yuba/Sutter county especially)

My ride season is over for sure.  I'm just happy to be getting
my horse back.  Maybe I will try again next year.

Patty Jackson and the vacationing Mia Rabbia

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-