Check ligament injury

Lynda Fenneman cfly@concentric.net
My 15 yr. old arab endurance horse has sustained
a check ligament injury (confirmed  by ultra sound)
My question is: given enough time off does there seem to be any
hope that he might heal and go on to be able to do Tevis and Pony
Ex. rides? Has any one any helpful info to share on this subject?
I would appreciate hearing about other experiences with this
problem.
Thanks,
Lynda

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-