RE: Dry Ground

Drinjim:

One of the most important points is that the horse evolved in a dryland,
steppe type environment not as a swamp dweller. We keep our horse on dry
hillside pasture (sage, rabbit brush, cheat grass, decomposed granite land)
We do not have the foot and hoof problems of those in the area that pasture
on irrigated land.

One other thing to realize. The agencies do not want to go to a condemnation
proceeding if at all possible. This can become a very long drawn out route
for them. Go to the local Farm Bureau and enlist their aid. Write letters to
the local paper on the injustice as you see it. Speak with your State Horse
Council (not sure if MT has one but it is worth looking at) As a last
resort, hold out for additional compensation for the inconvenience that the
relocated pasture will cause over a period of years.

Bob Morris