saddle pressure points.

Ugh.  When my horse was pretty wet the other day from round pen work, I noticed two white spots in his undercoat.  His top hairs were still sorrel so the spots were hard to see.  I don't know how long they have been there.  I figured out exactly where they are on my saddle (see my page at http://www.redwrench.com/patriot/saddlefit.htm).  Is it possible these spots are old damage (I've had him since June)?  How long does it take the spots to come in?  Dang it anyway!

I'm riding an Ortho-Flex, and have not noticed him sore (and he's vetted out sound), but I was checking a little higher on his withers.  Could this be caused by me riding too far forward in the seat?  Took a dressage lesson finally and found out I ride too far forward most of the time.

Thanks!