Boz

I only have the internet at work, and becuase of time constraints, I
usually only lurk.  However, when the subject of John
Bozanich came up and reading Sue's post, I felt I had to respond.

I've been a faithful participant for the past three years at John's
clinics.  I first went after being introduced to his
techniques and seeing one of his videos by another of his students,
Alexandra North.  I've ridden with Alex and if her riding
ability was any indication of John's skills, I wanted to be part of
that.

John wants nothing more than to teach his students the skill to become
what he calls, Level 1 riders.  That just means that
you must be able to perform many different tasks with your horse after
lots of training and practice.  Skills--not "tricks."
The other clinics I've gone to, the instructors have been happy to get
on
your horse to get him to do whatever job they want
done.  John will rarely do that--you are at the clinic to learn and he
teaches.  When you've finished his clinic, you leave
with a better understanding of your riding level and what you must do to

accomplish your equestrian goals.

With regard to his saddle, he designed them based on Monte Foreman's
studies.  From what I recall, Monte filmed people riding
their horses at various gates bareback.  This was done to determine
where
riders sat naturally and where horses carried them
the best.  The saddle was designed to place you in that same position.
Also, if you talked much to John, you would have heard
him say that you "ride on your feet, not on your seat."  I've done many
endurance miles in my Boz saddle and both post and
two-point easily.

John can be abrasive.  And as with most men (sorry!!), they don't like
it
when you don't agree with them.  As for being
loud--he is.  Some people just are.  However, when I attend his clinics
or talk with him on the phone asking advise, I know
that I can rely 100% on what he says.  He has the horse's best interests

at heart.  I don't expect that you'll go to one of
his clinics now that you've had this bad experience; however, if you
ever
do--even just to audit--you won't be sorry.  Its
money well spent and both you and your horse would benefit greatly.

Dorothy & Elly
Butterfly Valley