Kentucky Stampede

How's that for a new subject? The ride was held at an absolutely lovely
site and was extremely well run- if you haven't gone to this one, you
need to try it next year! The camp was at a nice dude ranch called Rudy's
Ranch, and the crew there was just wonderful. I took my daughter with me
and two horses- she was a little overhorsed for the start, so she had to
turn around and come back, and two of the dude ranchers brought her back
to camp and let her untack and brought her AND the horse to the first
check where I was.
After a while my daughter asked if she could still do the second loop...
needless to say I still have a lot of work to do teaching her, but she
got a taste of endurance riding... Teddy Lancaster was nice enough to let
her drag ride behind her - Teddy rode Khalarado who looks absolutely
stunning in his tack and rides just as well. Heather rode Shah, who was
Rae Bolton's horse for a while--yes, the one that messed up his tendon.
He's BAAACK!!! :)
Heather was tired when she got back after about 12 miles, but she was
still feeling well enough to pony me on my green horse for a little while
till she realized she wasn't supposed to act up under saddle (5th time
ever). All in all a great weekend.
I wanted to especially thank the two ranch workers who hauled Heather
everywhere, and Rudy's brother who called back for Heather's tack. AND A
BIG THANK YOU to Dee Dee Smithers and Sue Keith for agreeing to try to
sponsor Heather in the ride... didn't work out but they did the best they
could!

The riders took very good care of their horses, I believe we had a 100%
completion on the 50 and the competitive, and I think maybe only one self
pull on the 25?? I am not sure about that one. Connie and Mike Caudill
and Virginia Goodwin ( I hope I got that right!) put on a great ride.

They had great food there and showers and a campfire at night with decent
singers...country music of course... :)

Gwen Dluehosh DVM