treeless Icelandic saddles

I'm curious to know if anyone has used a treeless Icelandic saddle on a non-Icelandic horse for competition.  We bought one as a temp saddle for my husband to use, but it turns out his horse is going back to the breeder.  The small horse likes to grab the bit with his teeth run wildly amok with rider clinging for dear life.  Kind of fun in the arena - you ride around and around laughing at the insanity of it all until the horse feels like stopping - but not fun AT ALL anywhere else.  I thought I might give the saddle a try on my Foxtrotter (oooh, new toy).  If there's interest, I'll post pics on my website and a brief review after I try the saddle out.  It's basically a souped-up dressage-lookin' bareback pad.  Neat-o.