Death of an Endurance Friend

Those of you who are from the east coast may remember a frequent
competitor during the 1980's and early 1990's, my friend, Priscilla
Zeigler.  Last night, Priscilla lost her toughest endurance test of all
to a battle with liver cancer.
Priscilla is survived by her mother and her dear friend Dip Lucy.  Many
of you from the area may know or remember this pair from the days when
they were actively managing the rides at Graves Mountain here in Va.
Together, they ran over 100 competive rides sanctioned under ECTRA,
NATRC, and I believe AERC.  These were the rides that some of our top
riders cut their teeth on - Valerie, Jeannie, & Mathew, come to mind.
  Priscilla was a tireless trail worker who helped to keep over 50 miles
of trail open.  I will treasure the times she and I sling-bladed our way
across the mountain together as we prepared a trail for competition.
She taught me everything she could about ride management and turned me
loose to run the last two rides at Graves in 1994-1995.  She instilled
in me a love of putting on these events (she knew a sucker when she
found one).  We had some great times together and I will miss her.

If anyone would like any more details regarding the funeral
arrangements, please feel free to email me privately.
For those of you who know Dip he is doing ok. He even took a ride a week
or so ago (no small feat when you are 88 and your horse is a very
competetive arab).

Sadly,
Sally Aungier
Powhatan, VA