RE: trailer stories

The tales of horses doing strange things in trailers reminded me of what
happened with my first horse and trailer (25 years ago).  The horse was a 15
hand, stock type sort of a quarter, sort of an old fashioned Morgan.  The
trailer was a small two horse bumper pull, 6' high, and short with a divider
that went all the way to the floor.
I was about 1/4 mile from the camp and felt a mighty scramble in the
trailer.  I stopped and went back to look.  There was Savage upside down in
the stall.  I decided that I had best continue on to camp where some of my
friends could help.  Just as I turned into the camp there was another
scramble and when I stopped he was right side up, and eating like nothing
had happened.  He didn't even have a scratch.
After that I started using ties and have never had a horse fall.  I used
that trailer for 20 years until I bought a stock trailer 5 years ago.  It
sure is easier to teach a horse to get into a stock trailer!

Ed Hauser
Sisu Farm
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016